Police Crime Report 05/22/23 - 05/28/23
Shrewsbury Crime Report 05/22 through 05/28:
- On May 22nd, an officer on patrol was flagged down by a US Postal Service employee who advised their exterior mail drop boxes at the Mackenzie Point Post Office were forced open and mail was stolen from them. The investigation is ongoing. We’ve said this a lot, and we’ll say it again: You probably don’t want to use these exterior mail drop boxes anymore.
- On May 23rd, a resident of the 7300 block of Weil Ave. reported his vehicle’s license plates were stolen. The investigation is ongoing.
- On May 23rd, a resident of the 800 block of Lordshill Lane reported the theft and fraudulent use of her debit card. The suspect has been identified and the investigation is ongoing.
- On May 23rd, officers responded to a business in the 7400 block of Watson Road for a report of a shoplifting. During the investigation, the suspect was found to be in possession of nearly 100 capsules containing suspected fentanyl, a copious amount of suspected methamphetamine, and an unusual amount of cash stored in different locations on her. She was arrested. Numerous charges, to include felony stealing and delivery of a controlled substance, will be sought through the Saint Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. Just throwing this out there…if one chooses to possess large quantities of drugs (particularly one that is killing people every day) and have large bundles of cash (presumably proceeds from selling that poison), maybe don’t steal stickers and sunglasses.
- On May 25th, officers responded to the 7000 block of Nottingham Ave. for a report of a stolen Hyundai. While on scene, officers also located vehicles broken into. The Hyundai has since been recovered in Saint Louis City. Evidence was recovered from the vehicle, that will be sent to the Saint Louis County Crime Lab to assist in identifying a suspect. The investigation is ongoing.
- On May 26th, during overnight hours, several vehicles were rifled through and/or broken into in several areas, to include Weil Ave., Kenridge Lane, Verguene Ave., and Shrewsbury Ave. Evidence was gathered and will be sent to the Saint Louis County Crime Lab to assist in identifying a suspect. The investigation is ongoing. Thank you to the observant neighbor who notified us, which allowed us to flood the area with police and prevented more victimization.
- On May 27th, officers responded to a business in the 7200 block of Watson Road for a report of an assault. Investigation revealed off-duty employees went to the business, and one attacked an on-duty employee over some rumors. The suspect has been arrested and felony assault charges will be sought through the Saint Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
- On May 27th, an officer arrested an adult male for suspicion of driving while intoxicated after a traffic stop.
During the week of May 22nd – May 28th, along with regular calls for service and traffic enforcement, the Shrewsbury Police Department responded to 11 shoplifting incidents along the Watson Road business corridor, 5 motor vehicle accidents, 1 residential and commercial alarm, and assisted the Fire / EMS Department on 17 calls.