Police Crime Report 01/16/23 - 01/22/23
Crime Report January 16 through January 22, 2023:
- On January 17th, officers were dispatched to an abandoned auto blocking traffic during rush hours on Lansdowne Ave. near Shrewsbury Ave. They were unable to locate the driver nor contact the registered owner. Traffic there is horrible even without a car in the way, so the vehicle was towed.
- On January 17th, an officer was conducting requested traffic enforcement on Laclede Station Road and conducted a traffic stop where the driver had multiple warrants for his arrest. He was arrested and released to the Maryland Heights Police Department.
- On January 18th, at 4:05 A.M. officers were dispatched to an alarm sounding at 7250 Lansdowne Avenue, a Phillips 66 gas station. Upon arrival officers observed major damage to the front door and noticed the store’s ATM stolen. When officers arrived, there were no suspects or vehicles on the lot of the closed gas station. Through video surveillance it was determined the suspect vehicle arrived on the parking lot at 3:59 A.M. and drove off the lot after the theft of the ATM at 4:01 A.M.; suspects were on scene for 165 seconds and left prior to the alarm sounding. A chain was used to pull the ATM from the store utilizing the suspect vehicle, a grey Dodge Ram pickup. Both suspects, through video surveillance, appear to be African American men ranging in height from 5’8” to 6’1” with medium builds. Both were clad in all black with one of them wearing red gloves; one of the suspects had longer hair pulled into a cover. Any individuals witnessing the above act or are currently in possession of any video of the suspects/vehicle, are encouraged to contact the Shrewsbury Police Department Detective Bureau with their information at 314-647-5656, reference #23-37. The investigation is ongoing.
- On January 19th, an officer responded to Laclede Station Road and Murdoch Ave. for a vehicle crash. One of the vehicles involved fled the scene without exchanging information. The investigation is ongoing.
- On January 20th, officers responded to a business in the 7300 block of Watson Road for damage to vehicles and stealing from within them. A total of four vehicles had their widows broken out and various items stolen from inside. The investigation is ongoing.
- On January 20th, an officers responded to the 7800 block of Grove Ave. for a complaint of an abandoned auto which was illegally parked. The officer located the vehicle parked in a clearly posted no parking area, as well as parked in a manner it was impeding traffic. He was unable to locate a driver nor contact the registered owner, so the vehicle was towed.
- On January 21st, a resident turned in a satchel they found on Ravensridge Road. If it belongs to you, please contact us.
- On January 21st, officers responded to the 7400 block of Woodlawn Colonial Lane for a report of damage to a front door, which appeared to have been kicked. Entry was not gained to the residence. The investigation is ongoing.
- On January 21st, officers responded to a business in the 7200 block of Watson Road for a report of a stolen auto. An employee’s Hyundai was stolen from the lot while the owner was inside working. The investigation is ongoing.
- On January 22nd, officers continued the week of “you can’t park there”, when they responded to a vehicle in the caller’s yard that did not belong to them. The driver was arrested for a handful of charges, to include driving while intoxicated.