Steve Loher - Chair
Garen Miller - Vice Chair
- The Plan Commission prepares and submits to the Board of Aldermen for and subject to its approval, a Comprehensive Plan for the physical development of the City, or portions thereof, and recommend modifications of the same from time to time as deemed in the City's best interest. The plan shows the Commission's recommendations for the physical development and uses of land, and may include, among other things, the general location, character and extent of streets and other public ways, grounds, places and spaces; the general location and extent of public utilities and terminals, whether publicly or privately owned, the acceptance, widening, removal, extension, relocation, narrowing, vacation, abandonment or change of use of any of the foregoing; and the general character, extent, and layout of the replanning of blighted and slum areas. The Commission also considers and reports to the Board of Aldermen any suggestions or recommendations for changes or revisions to the Comprehensive Plan.
- Studies and prepares a comprehensive Zoning Ordinance for the City of Shrewsbury and submits such ordinance to the Board of Aldermen for its consideration and action. The Commission recommend recommends the boundaries of the various original districts and appropriate regulations to be enforced therein. The Commission considers and reports to the Board of Aldermen any suggestions or recommendations for changes or revisions in the Zoning Code and Zoning Ordinances.
- Prepares and submits to the Board of Aldermen for its approval a zoning ordinance and zoning plan for the regulation of the location, height, area, bulk and appearance of private, non-profit, and public structures and premises, and of population density, buildings and other structures, the use of land and buildings, and the layout, improvement, and landscaping of the site of any proposed development or redevelopment of property within the City, as it shall determine to be necessary or desirable for the promotion of the health, safety and general welfare of the inhabitants of the City. The adoption, enforcement, and administration of the zoning plan shall conform to the provisions of Sections 89.010 to 89.250, RSMo.
- Considers all requests for rezoning, zoning text amendments, site plan approval, and special use permits.
- Promotes and enacts site development standards, architectural standards, and guidelines for new construction, reconstruction, or alterations for the purpose of ensuring the mutual compatibility of buildings and their surroundings and the appearance, function and permanence of the location, form, shape, massing and exterior materials of building and site improvements.
- Makes such other studies, plans and recommendations to the Board of Aldermen for the future development of the City with respect to streets, parks, schools, playgrounds, transit routes, or any other public or semi-public improvements bearing upon the future welfare of the community. The Commission may prepare or revise the rules, regulations and requirements governing the approval of subdivision plats and plans and submit the same to the Board of Aldermen for its consideration and action thereon.
- Recommends from time to time such zoning, planning and physical improvements as it deems necessary for the general welfare of the City and shall consider and report upon all matters referred to it by the Board of Aldermen.