Parks & Recreation Board
The Park Board is responsible for the following:
- Act in an advisory capacity to the Mayor and Board of Aldermen and the Director of Parks and Recreation in matters and policies pertaining to parks and public recreation.
- Assist in the planning of recreation programs; promote and stimulate public interest therein; and solicit to the fullest extent possible the cooperation of school authorities and public and private agencies.
- Identify park and recreation attitudes of individuals and organizations in the community.
- Review and advise the Director on development plans, park expansion and opportunities.
- Make recommendations to the Director for inclusion in the annual budget.
- Record minutes of the proceedings of the commission by the elected Secretary.
Meeting Schedule: Odd months on the third Wednesday at 6:30pm at the Shrewsbury Community Center. The schedule and location are subject to change. See below for meeting minutes and agendas.Park Board Members
- Dane Williams, President
- Sarah Wurr, Secretary
- M'Aggie Maranzana
- Kathy Rehmer
- Shawn Harmon
- Allen Cavendine
- Melissa Eggleston
- Aubrey Morris
- Amy George